Places to Go and Things to Do
We hope our guests will take advantage of the visit to see some of the sites the Washington metro area has to offer:
|| Restaurants (favorites close-by):
- Old Town Thai, 300 King Street (three blocks up from the river)
- Los Amigos, 1905 Mt. Vernon Ave.
- King Henry Deli, corner of King and Henry: funky, fan-like (for those familiar with Richmond), cheap, good food
- Good fresh seafood:
- Seaport Inn, 6 King St.
- The Wharf, 119 King St.
- The Fish Market, 105 King St.
- Washington Post Restuarant Guide
- The Potomac River -- Great Falls is about 10 miles upstream with parks on both sides; Little Falls is about 5 miles upstream with nice kayaking (class III - V depending on the water level)
- The National Zoo is in Northwest DC
||Not for Kids
News and Updates |